Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sense is anything but common

People are so funny… this girl I work with is grossed out by the fact that I walk around the office barefoot, sometimes. She insists that I will get a fungus on my feet. She said no one vacuums in here. I pointed out that our office is vacuumed every night and the kitchen is mopped every night. I know because I’m here when he does it. Didn't matter to her, still grossed out.

So.. the floors here are cleaner than your average home carpet, and yet it is gross to her that I am barefoot on it.

And then, I bet money she’d go barefoot at a public pool or gym shower, which is the #1 place to pick up athlete’s foot and plantar warts.

Hmm… gross to let relatively clean floors touch one’s bare feet…
But ok to walk barefoot on a wet disease-fest...
spacespace*sigh* I guess we have yet another example of the fact that people are heavily influenced by what is common practice, but rarely ever apply common sense.

No offense to her. I like her just fine, and we all have our little things that bug us, but still… it is funny. :)


PS: today is painfully boring. I have not had ONE file. Some have come in, but somehow they are snatched up before I even see them, and I keep checking and checking. It's really frustrating. My production report will be terrible!
Guess I'll just keep busy with scanning plats in and hope to catch a file soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaxe said...

here's to catching plats! *cheers*

how are you bella! hope life is polishing your toenails and meeting your every whim!

/vapor.

j

1:46 AM  
Blogger effenheimer said...

..as if the insides of her hot, sweaty shoes are pure as the driven snow. I think not.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home