Monday, April 03, 2006

A noteworthy compliment

Last night, a musician from out of town visited and jammed with the band. He’s an old friend and former band-mate of a couple of the guys in the band. He not only liked my singing, he asked if I was really white. He said that if he had heard me with his eyes closed, he’d never have guessed I was white.
Now, I’m not someone who buys into racial stereotypes, but being a person somewhat steeped in Jazz & blues, I know what my favorite singers happen to look like, and they weren’t pasty-skinned blondes. So, I can’t help but take that as a massive compliment. I was beaming with joy. I don’t know that I agree with him, since every time I hear a recording of myself I am severely disappointed. But, we can hope that he’s right and I’m wrong. :)
I hope everyone sticks with this. I hope we can find a drummer who actually shows up, which seems to be our biggest problem. If we do, then it shouldn’t be that long before we have enough songs written/learned to start playing out. I will be SO frickin excited when that happens… IF that happens.
Fingers crossed, please, everyone. This is a major lifelong dream of Noggin’s. Let’s hope it pans out.

Oh…. note to self: update links (dave, Nta, daed, etc…)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray said...

You're not the first person to have trouble with drummers. Take Spinal Tap, for example.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home