Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Stephen, Stephen, and more Stephen :)

To watchers, to his friends, we probably seem quite different.
But when we sit silently on the front porch, watching the traffic,
Nothing need be said. It simply feels so natural, as if we came from some common background that no one else understands.
He remarks on the crazy things that people do, and how they make no sense.
I find it remarkable to hear someone view things the same way I do, and equally unlike the way everyone else views things.
I speak, and he understands. He speaks, and he makes sense.
These very simple things, these things I’ve never had before, are miraculous to me.
And yet, they fade into the background of what he gives me.
The joy of cooking together, the license to paint while he writes music, without him expecting me to follow his every step like some men do…
Our differences balance so well, our sameness smooth and serene.
We’ve both traveled such awkward, tortuous paths through life… our histories are not the same, and yet they seem to feel like common ground.
The passion, the jokes, the comfort, the music – all the things we share.
He’s my family, my future, my muse and my music.
He is better than fearless. He’s brave. He can walk right up to this 5’ 11” mass of tangled thoughts and violent emotions, hold my clinched fists, kiss my lazer eyes, and turn me into a puddle of girlie kitten-ness.
He’s better than perfect. He’s human, and aware of his humanity, and thus full of compassion and devoid of judgment.
I look up to him, and know I am safe, protected, and understood. I see him look at me, and know he sees me fairly, knowing I am not helpless. I watch him sleep, and know I would do anything to protect him.
He even gives me what I need most of all, honesty. When most men in this world seem like ball-less stammering double-talkers, full of sweet-talk and/or cold distance, he anti’s up the truth with me, good, bad, or in between.
I trust him implicitly, love him without boundary, respect him immensely, and lust after him like a spell-bound nymph.
I am the luckiest woman in the world. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home