Tuesday, May 30, 2006

starts well = ends well

I can't say that the day began perfectly. I woke up late (not surprising, since I ate restaurant food yesterday and got to sleep a bit late). But, I was very productive today at work. I followed up on every one of my backplants, some several times (if you aren't in the company, then let's just say I followed up on a whole huge slew of file problems and kept on them like mad). I felt good about this, and got home in a working groove. So, I sorted through 4 1/2 baskets worth of clean laundry and got it all sorted into drawers (a miracle for me) when I got home. Productive at work, productive at home. I love the feeling of accomplishment that follows a productive day.
-interjection... you'd likely be amazed how hard it is to type on a normal keyboard after a being accustomed to an ergonomic keyboard at work. Half of my keystrokes must be the backspace key.
anyway... a good day. Now, I get to reward myself. I've been drinking beer while cleaning. Now, I'm posting because I am in the computer room - the only room in the house where smoking is allowed - while having my reward cigarette with some reward beer. Next, I'll curl up on the couch with my amazing and wonderful boyfriend for some TV, grilled hot wings, and the rest of this beer. A++ day. :)
My thanks go out to Richo's, for letting Stephen come home, and to Brandi, for getting us caught up enough at work that I could spend the day catching up on Backplants. That girl, no matter what stresses she meets in life, works like a dog. What a gal, what a worker, what a friend... you have no freakin idea. I wish I could reward her somehow.
Wow. It is really hard to type on a normal keyboard when used to the ergonomic kind. That "half backspacing" thing is not even an hyperbole(sp?).
whew. so... that's enough posting tonight. Too much work on this keyboard.

Anyway... do you have your Davefest shirt yet? check in on my buddy Dave, on barenada.com, and get your shirt. All the coolest of the antisocial cool are doing it. :P I know I'll be buying mine.

Best of my affections to my loyal readers, and especially to Stephen (he's always first, whether he reads or not), and Dave, Rahx, and daddy-Josh. :) Love and hugs, fellas.

Oh, and PS... because family "rocks", to Daddy, his girlfriend Mary Jo, and my awesome nieces (with whome I had the most amazing and grueling hike yesterday). And also to my sister, because I love her, she also rocks, she is the mother of "my children", and because she is simply a wonderful person that I would love, family or not.

Now listening to: Solomon Burke (look him up, folks)
Shout out to: all the folks above, and all other family (especially my wonderful Aunt Connie), the southend guys, the Empire guys (and gals), and my fellow title-slaves at Firstam. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Kat, thanks for the kindly mention!
I love your blog!
Josh

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home