Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Bad Day - Send me home

Couldn’t sleep much of last night, especially the hours between 5 and 8. Got up late, tired, lonely (Stephen had been out), and depressed. So, then I got to work 8 minutes late, with the weight over my head of knowing that the clique has been watching my time, hungry for fuel with which to burn me. Always fun to work with a “team” that has no appreciation for what you do. Now, I’m trying to work… getting crappy files that take forever and feeling like I’m under the relentless surveillance of people who only wish me ill. Then I get this killer file that has taken me, quite literally, half of my freakin day. I should have gotten 4 or 5 files done in the time I have messed with this crazy file, but it had mis-indexed deeds, conflicting legal descriptions, incomplete and confusing tax info, 15 judgments against the borrower, and one hell of a strange divorce case that even the judge said presented “novel questions of law”, etc… (and all 3 of his wives would agree, I think). I’m depressed, feel rather alone, and just want to go home. I just want so very badly to go home.
I’ve never been anything but nice to these people, I work hard, and take on the crappiest work. I don’t play online and chat via IM all day like many of them do, but somehow I pulled the wrong straw and lucked into the part of dinner on this cannibalist-fest. Then, when I get hit with files like these, I know that no matter how hard I work today, it will look like I didn’t do enough files. SEND ME HOME!!!

Later:
I was hoping to actually ask to go home early, but it’s 4:30 now, there are still 7 files left to do today, and all the examiners have gone home except for me and two other people.
I am trying my best just to keep from crying, but I tear up every time my coworkers laugh at secret jokes and make sneers and complaints about the smell of my lunch (fish). I want so badly to go home. I hate this place so much, and it obviously hates me even more. I’m not normally a tearful pansy about this sort of thing… must be PMS. The hormones turn my adamantium backbone to cellulite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home