Monday, June 19, 2006

It was not long ago that I quit regular beer and started drinking only gluten free beer because of my Celiac disease. So, when I was out of beer on a Sunday, I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to have a couple regular beers. (FYI: Alcohol sales are illegal on Sunday in Indiana, which is absolutely retarded... not only is it a clear violation of separation of church and state, but the Sabath is actually Saturday, not Sunday)
I used to drink regular beer regularly. Sure, I quit for a reason, I felt it was dragging my health down just a little bit more, and I want to be healthy. But, I guess I forgot the whole allergy-rule that if you go without something you can't tolerate for a while, your body will react even more violently to exposure to it. (Celiac disease isn't technically an allergy, but very similar). Plus, I've noticed lately that every time I expose myself to something I'm not supposed to have, the reactions get just a little worse each time.

So, I had a couple normal beers yesterday, because I'm an idiot. The migraine started at midnight. My throat didn't feel like I had swallowed dynamite until this morning. My belly wasn't fully swollen up like I was 6-months pregnant until around 7ish today. Every bone in my body still hurts like hell, but the nasea is subsiding, I think. I feel absolutely horrid. I'm half tempted to take a sleeping pill so I can doze through it (I tried napping, but I hurt too much all over to sleep), but I figure my body doesn't need more crap in its system while it is already trying to clean out one bad reaction.

I'm starving, now, but there's no way in hell I'd feel like going to the store or cooking. Just focusing on the TV or reading a book hurts. So does this stupid computer screen, but I'm about done with it.

And to top it all off, I had a horrible night. I started out having fun. Although I was the only sober one in our trio. We danced, laughed, sang... all that jazz. Then, I left them in Louisville (they weren't ready to go home, so they decided to take a cab home later). And when I got home there was no place near my home to park. I tried to squeeze in beside my boyfriend's truck, and put a huge scratch down the length of my car. That was stupid. With the side mirrors folded in, there was only a few inches of clearance between his truck and the neighbor's car, but I tried it anyway. I was too tired to park on another street and hike back to my own friggin house, but if I had thought of the option, I would have taken it. I just didn't even think of that. I was tired and nearly blinded with that stupid migraine, so I wasn't thinking well.

Then, my boyfriend eventually came home much later and was still peppy, yammering, and awake, and kept me awake for quite a while, despite me begging for sleep. I'm a bit pissed about that. Hope he doesn't mind me saying so up here. If he does, I'll take it down.

Anyway... I'm in serious pain from head to toe and decided to whine online. You lucky, lucky readers. But hey, I didn't make you read it.

There are knots of pain radiating from a few spots around my neck. My head is just a giant sack of toxic agony. I wish it would stop hurting already. I'm sorry. I will never drink regular beer again, just PLEASE stop hurting!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Sounds like you need a tall cup of strong coffee and a bed. Hope you feel better

9:44 AM  
Blogger IanBradley said...

Ouch. I left Indiana for many reasons. That stupid beer rule was one of them. But I lived a few miles from Illinois, so I guess I didn't have it that bad. There were options. Do feel better.
Ohh, and by the way, the word verification on your blog is the meanest I have met yet. I never get it on the first try.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home