Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Maybe it's the hormones from being in my thirties, but I am WAY too emotional anymore. First example, you have my whining posts during PMS days, but then there's tonight...

I was pulling back in my driveway (going to get Stephen beer as a reward for letting me use him as a camera model), but I wasn't in the Alley yet. Then my neighbor across the alley was trying to pull into her garage. I pulled up in my driveway so she could use the back end of it to more easily pull into her garage. She (the homeowner) was the passenger in the car I saw that she was talking at me, so I rolled down my window to hear her and said "I'm sorry?" because I hadn't heard what she said. She proceeded to start yelling at me "Can't you just wait a goddamn minute for us to park?". I was in shock. I was waiting. I even gave her room in my driveway to maneuver. I wasn't in the alley at any point and I never acted impatient in any way. She kept yelling at me, saying we always run over her flowers and don't look when we pull out. She has no flowers out back, so I found this crazy, but I politely waited for them to pull in and then I left. I was barely down the alley at all when I wondered why I was being so freakin passive. So, I turned around, went back down the alley and got out.
I said "So, if you are so worried about someone using your few feet of concrete, here, why did you start yelling at me for where I was in my own driveway when I pulled up to let you use more of it?"
There was a heated arguement after that, although it took me a while to get as heated as she was, as it is not my nature to cuss out my neighbors. For one thing, I was in too much shock at her rudeness to even feel anger at first. She kept calling me trash and cutting on my "trash" house and my "trash" bush at the end of the drive that isn't trimmed enough for her liking. When she started in on my yard, I asked her "How many hours a week do you work?"
she said "that's none of your business", obviously showing she doesn't work outside the home and has plenty of time to piddle in the yard. I said "is my bush your business?"

Anyway, it was all stupid... but, by the time I got to the liqour store to get Stephen's beer, I was completely balling. I work hard. I'm sick a lot. I have no money for landscaping. But I am not trash. I'm not the one going totally Jerry Springer on my neighbors for no reason. I may not have a lot of money, but a person could live in a trailer and have plenty more class than that lady. I work hard for my home. I have worked hard for everything I have and have lost two landscaped yards in divorces.

I think what really made me cry so much was the frustration. I was in the right, she was being a complete bitch, but there was nothing I could do about it. There's nothing illegal about being a bitch, so what can I do? Nothing. I just hope they move away or something. There's no excuse for acting like that. It's completely uncivilized.

But, I rarely ever see the bitch. I don't have to deal with her. I will just forget she exists and forget about it. She will likely get her comeupance, in one way or another. Some day, someone she bitched out will be in charge of approving her loan or something like that. Having an ugly personality has its own built-in penalties, so I need not worry about it. If she doesn't get what she deserves on earth, then hopefully God will at least see that I was a good neighbor, and He will weigh that in on his judgement of me. Maybe my amount of "love thy neighbor" will help to weigh against my failure to comply on the "sex before marraige" rules. I know it doesn't exactly work that way, but I have to be me. I will try to be a good person and not worry about bad people getting away with being total bitches. I said my peice to her. If she is too screwed up to listen, then that is her black mark to carry.

Whine whine whine... ok. Enough of that. Time to let it go. Bye now.

3 Comments:

Blogger IanBradley said...

Here's what helps me through those moments:
"Everyone will see everything differently from everyone else."
"You cannot show anything to someone who is not first willing to look."

She'll wake up or she won't. Don't waste time on it.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

What I cannot understand is why she flipped on you for no reason but you kept your cool about it which means you're the better person. Keep your head up. I enjoyed reading this post,things will look up for you and yes it's ok to whine about it and look at how you're coping with it by writing it out. Kudos!!

9:11 AM  
Blogger A. Chankin said...

"Having an ugly personality has its own built-in penalties, so I need not worry about it."

I could meditate on that part of your blog for a while, quite a useful thought to realize.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home