Sunday, June 18, 2006

My kimono

You may recognize the obi, since I let Tori wear it with her kimono. I haven't gotten her an obi yet. But, here is my vintage traditional kimono. The print is quite pretty up close. It has hints of plum, purple, and mauve in it. (Thus the plum Jyuban and stuff with it). In the last pic, you can also see my favorite haori. Very fine dye work on it. You should see it up close. I am going to get a furisode kimono soon. Those are the fancy ones with the extra long sleeve-things and those are more ornate.
Since I haven't had much time (or haven't utilized it well enough) this is what my sewing manequin is normally used for... just displaying my kimono. I've been getting the sewing itch, though. I have some really nice fabrics and need to start seeing what I can design with them. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home