Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The PMS is passing and I return to my more balanced self. Band practice has continued to be a real highlight in my life, though I grow impatient for something to show for our time (not even necesarily a set list with promise of gigs, but perhaps a decent recording or two). But, it is always such fun. It's hard to gear myself towards the style they want (less blues, less attitude, more "white", so to speak" of vocals), but I'm inspired to play along. The guys are very talented, and it can be a real rush to be a part of their creative process, although it would be far easier, I think, to come up with lyrics if I had recordings to work with.

Work is ok. I've been concentrating well, still. I get so much done, but I would enjoy it far more if it was appreciated. I work hard, I don't dally or play, and my time sheets are impecibly honest (except for the fact that I've only turned in a couple hours of overtime for the whole year, although I often work late). I'm sure my boss appreciates my industriousness and devotion, but I still don't understand the attitude of my coworkers. I have no problem with them being a tight group. I respect that and, although I try to be friendly, would never think to intrude upon their friendships. But, I don't understand why I seem to be looked on disaprovingly. Whatever... I'll continue to work for the team and let my works speak for me. That is all I know to do.

Life at home is superb, as always, but my desire to have a puppy has increased. I prefer to raise a dog from puppyhood, to insure its training as well as to enjoy its adolescense, but I would be content with a dog. (Stephen prefers dogs to puppies, intensly so).

Anyway... life is good. I took an herbal relaxer about an hour ago in hopes of reaching sleep at a decent hour. Now I'm also drinking beer. I think one point of critisizm from my workmates has been my tendency towards tardiness (although it doesn't effect what I do, and my timesheets reflect when I arrive accurately, I can understand their disaproval of that, despite the fact that it is none of their business). I've GOT to get to sleep sooner. I struggle at that. If I could just friggin sleep better, it would be far easier to get up in the morning. I should have excersized when I got home. That might have helped. But, I worked until 9 and just wanted to relax. Anywhoooo....

That's my status, in a pecan-husk. All well, I hope? Hope you are all happy and healthy.
May the force be with you, and all that stuff.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home