Thursday, July 06, 2006

I suppose there has always been a couple things to fear in the woods... poisonous snakes, although we don't seem to have a problem with them on our land and I keep away from rotting trees and all that jazz. I fear black widows a bit, but how often do you see those, anyway?

Nah, I love the woods too much to ever think much about things to fear there. Too much to love that balances out the few little dangers. There's far more danger on a city block.

However, I'm getting a bit jumpy about the poison ivy, now. Since my body can't shake it on its own, apparently, I had to take steroids. The bad thing about that is the cure was worse than the illness. I waited too long, after complications arose, to quit the junk. I've been in some of the worst pain of my life. Last night I was up debating whether or not to go to the ER. But, I HATE the ER. I generally have to be pretty convinced that whatever I have will kill or permanently disable me before I'll go to the ER.

I took my morning dose of Dexpak yesterday (although I took it late, because I was already so sick from it). I never took the evening dose. I called the Urgent Care doc to make sure I could discontinue it, since stopping it abruptly is supposed to be bad. I'm finally feeling a little better right now. I got a couple chips and a few cherries down just a few minutes ago. I heaved a lot, but nothing came back up. Don't you love the TMI you get on this blog? Still, it feels like there is an alien lump between my stomach and my heart. It wont budge or shrink or let food past. But hey, I'm not in all the pain I was last night, and that's liberating. That was pain beyond pain. If a broken pinky finger is a 1 or 2, and a burn that leaves a toasted flap of skin hanging off is an 8, then that pain yesterday and last night was a 10.

Anyway... on a happy note... Harry is cute as always. Stephen is sweet and cute, as always. Sheba is elegant yet menapausal, as always. I was fortunate enough to get the last Firefly DVD in the mail last night (from netflix), so I had some decent distraction to watch. I sure wish that show had lasted longer.

I wish I had some new comics to read. I got some Sunday but went through them all too fast. Being sick is SO BORING. I need something good to read or watch. Mostly, I need distraction from my stomach.

2 Comments:

Blogger barenada said...

An alien lump between your stomach and your heart? I guess those reports last week about mysterious lights in the sky were for real. I, for one, will welcome our new alien baby overlord.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Hope you're getting better. Being sick is never fun but its worse when you haven't stocked-piled good distractions to help the time pass. Some of my favorite reading moments in my life are ones where I had just the right book handy when I was sick to help get me through the time. I have an affection for many good old sci-fi books because of that.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home