Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm not great at keeping the house in shape.
I can't shower you with gifts.
You don't need the expressions that I give freely, the sort of thing I need.

But I can do one thing.

I can fill your life with colorful expressions of who I am.
I can paint for you.
I'm not the most skilled artist,
But I can create images for you that will hopefully make you proud.

Whatever art I've ever done, I've always done for myself.
But, with every stroke I've made,
since I picked painting back up again recently,
I've been thinking about you.
Hoping to create something only I can.
Hoping to give you something only I can.
Hoping to make you smile a little bit.

Because, after all, what more beautiful image can I give the world than that?
Like I said, when I look at you and the art that you are (inside and out)
"my brushes retire, inadequate".
No work of art I ever give to this world, can compare to the beauty you bring to mine.
________________

I hope I didn't make anyone ill with my cheesiness, but what can I do?
I have never been one to shy away from the truth, just because it can be ugly.
Niether will I withhold the truth, just because it sounds sweet enough to kill a diabetic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

cheesiness is a good quality to have.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home