Friday, July 14, 2006

Ok, NOW I'm depressed

Of all the musicians, alive or dead, there is one at the very top of my list of wanting to see live. That would be Tom Waits. If you could resurect Nina Simone or Mozart, those would be fairly close seconds, but none could tie with Waits.

He rarely ever tours, but suddenly, out of the blue, he is touring. And, who'da thunk it, he is actually coming to Louisville. And who's the biggest Tom Waits fan in Louisville? Yours truly, since I first heard his voice back in the 80's.

Tickets went on sale at 10am. I was dialing and redailing on my cell, my work phone, and trying to get tickets online all at the same time. I was not about to miss my chance. I snagged two tickets online, but when I went to pay for them my card didn't go through. It's probably because it is a 5th 3rd card, which in some places only works as a debit card, and at others only works as credit. 5th 3rd sucks. So, I lost my tickets. The show sold out in 15 minutes. The Akron, Ohio, show is also sold out. So is Atlana, Georgia. I'm not sure about Detroit, yet. LiveNation said I'd made too many page requests, so it wouldn't tell me if it's sold out or not. I will drive ANYWHERE in the US to see him. I can't afford to fly anywhere. But it wont matter. I missed my window and will miss the one most important live music opportunity in my lifetime.

I gotta stop talking about it before I start crying in front of everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home