Thursday, July 13, 2006

rambles

I was so sick of being sick, that it was great to feel human again this week.

Sunday I was finaly able to leave the house. (Well, I guess I did leave the house briefly Friday, to bring some teabags to Steve at work, but that didn't much count, and I probably shouldn't have gone out. I probably looked like $#!t and drove like I was totally out of it.) Anyway, Sunday was nice. I didn't feel great, but I wasn't trapped on the bed/couch all day. I went to someone's house, hung out, got to assemble a grill, and was bitten by his pet snake.

Monday I was no longer in terrible pain from the stomach thing, so I:
Walked the dog in the am
Worked 9 hours at the office
Walked the dog again
Watered the flowers
Changed the litterbox
Filled holes in kitchen baseboards
Filed/formed counter corners on kitchen island
Sanded wood edging on island
Sealed grout (2 coats)
Washed dishes
and Cooked dinner

It was nice to have a productive day. I wanted to paint in the kitchen Tuesday, but had band practice. Band practice is always fun, so that was nice.

Then I had a crying fit (won't go into why) which triggered a migraine. I tried to ignore it and go to bed, but never could get to sleep. It just got worse and worse until the pain was unbearable and I had to go to the ER at 6am. I was hoping to get a shot and recoup in time to make it to work, albeit without having slept. But, they mixed phenergan in with the migraine shot, curse them. Admittedly, I was puking my guts up (including in the hospital parking lot, which was embarrassing), but if they had cured the migraine, then the nausea would have gone away. Instead, they gave me phenergan I didn't need and I was completely sedated all freakin day. So, I missed work AGAIN. I got a stern talking to at work today because of having so many absenses.

Anyway... I walked the dog this morning and have worked 10 hours and am about to go home and paint the baseboards. Hopefully this can be another productive day, although all I really want to do is hang out with Brandi and slug the f*#$ out of a heavy bag. Life has been downright shitty lately, on a personal level, except for Harry the Wonderdog. Thank goodness for Harrison T. Harrier, Wonderdog Extraordinaire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home