Friday, July 14, 2006

There's a lot of ways to make people hate you. Be rude, be egotistical, be whiney, be a two-faced. But, there is no faster way to make everyone hate you than to get sick too often. I should know. That was a major contributing factor to the demise of my marriage. I was sick alot, then the toxic thyroid nodule and the emergency endometriosis surgery, etc... next thing you know, he couldn't stand me.

I've been sick a lot lately. One thing after another, all totally mostly unconnected. The closest person to me has seemed to hate me for some time now. It's been killing me inside, but I can only hope that it will pass. I may not get the commercial position I wanted at work because my health has made me undependable. Now my coworkers are making comments one cubicle over about me missing work. They know I can hear, but they talk about me like I'm not 3 feet away. Everyone in my daily life, except my dog, hates me because I get sick too much.

I eat healthy. I walk 30-50 minutes a day. I take vitamins and avoid prescriptions whenever possible. I wont touch anything with a molocule of anything I'm allergic to in it, even though that means I will probably never eat cake again. I don't bring this on myself. I tough things out. Heck, I drove myself around for three days with internal bleeding and didn't ask anyone to take care of me. I'll go to work and stay there even if I'm throwing up, as long as it isn't too bad to be productive. How is this my fault? How does this make me a bad person?

I'm no angel. I'm not perfect, but this is not a reason to hate me. But then, I hate myself for it, so how can I blame anyone else?

Anyway... best get some work done.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

That's a hard place to be in. As a supervisor I know how hard it is to deal with things when someone is sick frequently. It doesn't matter how legitimate it is eventually the person's co-workers start grumbling and complaining and the person is seen as a problem even if I as a supervisor understand and don't have any trouble covering them when they miss work. And that's not to mention the toll it takes on your relationships. I hope things start to get much better for you and that things pick up. I'm sorry, and I'm sorry about the ticket fiasco yesterday.

12:56 PM  
Blogger barenada said...

Please get better. You are missed.

12:10 AM  
Blogger IanBradley said...

No one likes this but here goes:
You can get another job.
You cannot get another you. You cannot work your job without you, worry about you, then worry about your job.

If that doesn't work play with your dog.

Ohh and co-workers are transient processes in your life as are thier opinions of you. Don't let that effect your perceptions of yourself. If that doesn't work, refer back to the line about the dog.

Oh and another thing you made me laugh so hard I shot soda from my nose and had to replace my keyboard. "Darth Grimwalker - Who's your daddy. and The Real Grim Shady, your number one lady killer." Priceless.

Get better,

Mr. Nose

2:18 AM  
Blogger Hope Happens said...

Sorry to hear about the poor health Twisted. No need to hate yourself though.... hate the situation if you must but don't hate yourself!

It's so easy for poor health to screw up a career. It's happened to me with the Bipolar and injuring my back 3 times.....yes currently attending physio again for lower back problems.

I had problems with my manager as a result. But thankfully she ahs moved on and things are improving.

You need to try and stay positive (yeah right that's easy to say!). Your health needs to be number one priority, and if it means you don't get this job then so be it.

DM

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home