Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Stream of Conciousness Ramblings

(unforgiveably corny, but I'm only human)

Fear, distance, chill and fire…
They erode at the edges of our little island.
But still, every time I look at you,
I know that all of time’s devices
Have nothing on us.

I tightened my jaw,
To guard my health for you.
I became a night owl,
To bask in the glow of you.

And I will bridle my weak mind,
To keep my soul bright for you.

You weren’t the first person
I ever reached out for.
I’ve made room in my heart
For such mirages…
I must pump more sand than blood,
Because my veins still feel the burn
Of the grinding flow of unanswered hopes.
But you made room for me in the shade of you.
You offer me every drop you have to give.

You chose to see in me what others did not,
(What I still cannot see in myself)
As if this sun-scarred and weary fool
Is an oasis to you.
In your eyes, I am, somehow, something beautiful.
How you see such things in me, I don’t know.
Perhaps you are a bit sand-blind yourself.

We are the blind leading the burned
Out of some forsaken land of fools…
To our own little promised land.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheeseburger Brown said...

Dear TwistedNoggin,

"I must pump more sand than blood,
Because my veins still feel the burn
Of the grinding flow of unanswered hopes."

That's a fine groove you've got running there, that is.

Love,
Cheeseburger Brown

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home